Saturday, February 15, 2014

Song

Song
by me(whatever)
to Rain stops, goodbye (piano version)

Throughout my life,
like a bombarding parade;
there's a scrapbook of songs,
showing my steps
better than footprints ever could.

The notes between bars,
just like a canary in a cage;
each key strike tells a thousand stories
in a voice I still can't make out the words,
it tells me to move on.

So many songs,
filling the message I bottled in the sea
people who I will never know
read and take notes,
answering the questions I never asked.

In a room darkened by night,
I listened alone.
In parables, and dreams, and fairytales,
I closed my eyes
and quietly held on.

When in the laughing face of time,
I forget myself again and again,
a million songs fill my mind
reminding me of who I am,
and who I will be
when I can write my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment