Monday, March 16, 2015

Closed in

Closed in
by me(whatever)
to: Miku- Matoi

where to begin in this story?
where you have been pretending
to be the narrator of
ever since you were small.

The world is round,
and I think about you in circles,
running across the grassy edges in bare feet
in a slightly lonely merry-go-round.

holding an apple to the cloudy sky,
I peer out of the dream for a splash of blue.
My own ocean in the midst of this desert,
waiting for your return.

Not many of the things you feel
are you able to put into words,
so you spend time growing a forest of apple trees
that are only distantly attached to reality.

Whilst I wait for you,
I think I'll write plenty of poetry.
send them to an address that doesn't exist,
and place a sigh into the envelope.

Unable to go anywhere,
yet the future changes the familiar paths.
Ribbons, strings, and threads,
connecting me to people, places, and the sparse pieces of you.

Surely within the image, if I can continue,
a conclusion to this fear can be reached.
unable to understand even the normal things,
you take my hand and open the window for me;
spring is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment