Sunday, March 18, 2012

3-9-12

3-9-12
written 3/14/12 and 3/18/12
by whatomic (me)

We were playing hide-and-seek,
taking turns disappearing behind brick and grass.
Simply at a place where I had been before,
illuminated by streetlamps and moonlight.

A pair of floppy ears and an ignorant nose,
ran playfully attending to find us.
We, laughing, gave out sounding clues for a wagging tail,
which resulted in holes in my sleeves.

As the game began to end, we started off,
our shoes squishing in the slight damp.
However, holding onto one more thread of gold,
we flattened ourselves to the ground.

Hid, we lost sight of the brown in front of us,
yet we kept still not realizing it had gone.
Our eyes in a blindfold of shadows,
at fault of not calling out.

An invisible knife pierced through our ears,
awakening our feet to the pavement.
Desperate doubts slipped as sand through our minds,
though not a word was sped.

We found the limp tail we had declared too alive,
aside the blood-shot fogged goggles in strawberry mouths.
And I began to worry,
The holes would be no more.

2 comments:

  1. what does the last line mean? the holes be no more?

    I like this poem though. I think someone who wasn't there would understand the idea of what was happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holes in my sweater, would be no more.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete