Sunday, September 16, 2012

Night Clouds

*This is one of my most beloved poems, not because it's particularly good, but because it is the first one I think of when I think of think of my first poem. It's not my first poem literally, but it feels that way to me. I started poetry at a truly hard part in my life.

Night Clouds
7/14/09
By younger me

The worlds sadness turns into rain
And tears start falling from vast skies,
Oceans and seas made up of pain
Not just the sky is to cry

Singing to the moon,
I make a wish,
I hope Dawn will come soon
And overfill this world in bliss

Everyone is reaching towards light,
with their fingers outstretched
But some lose their sight
and in their own tears are drenched.

Happiness is meant to spread,
and to heal injuries,
is what many have said
yet its true meaning to seize. 


No comments:

Post a Comment