Monday, September 9, 2013

Humpty Dumpty

Excuse me for this useless blether, but I'm going to talk about Humpty Dumpty.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.


I remember my friend posting once upon a time on her blog Chiaroscuro Knight, a question stating what in the world was he doing up there in the first place. The maze in my head gradually got stuck in another corner, and for some unfathomable reason, I was thinking about this egg character today.

Why was he up there in the first place?

Was he sitting up there, glorifying himself that he was better than everybody else? And his fall was justified? Or was he there because he was escaping from a sort of predator? Perhaps he just chose to take another perspective at the world, but was shot down by a misstep. Is it supposed to represent children in their recklessness? Or, even, maybe, his egg represents possibilities that couldn't be realized. Hmm?

I think I've already made my point, so I'm not going to go into an essay. I'm too lazy.
Good night to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment