Sunday, May 4, 2014

Zoetrope

Zoetrope
by me(whatever)
to  today, the day after tomorrow, anytime

The gears of the world twist and turn,
yet I stay here with my eye through the slit.
What is it that I did to get here,
spinning within the strobe?

The circles are driving me crazy,
tell me what I wished for that day.
When I was young, sitting on the Devil's wheel,
repeating the words he spoke to me.

the memories don't go any further,
revolving forever on this merry-go-round.
There's windows battering on every side,
yet I can't escape from this jail.

The days are endless,
doing the same things at a simple twist of the arm.
 And as I slow down and cease,
they frown and whirl me around again.

There are so many of me,
caught in different pictures on the screen.
That I've been moving forward since you drew me,
is only an illusion you created. 

Fate, fortune, and future,
pulled out of the slot by Daedalus.
Within the labyrinth, you're wilting away,
waiting for the wheel to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment