Monday, April 28, 2014

Stargazer

Stargazer
by me(whatever)
to starduster

Unable to depend on anyone,
and unable to feel loved,
I ran a million miles away
to the temperature in the milky way. 

Always selfish, and always in pain,
enveloped in their screaming.
I stared at the gap between the evening lights,
silently wishing to disappear.

I don't exist at all,
drowning in this upside down ocean.
throwing myself away in the nebula,
I'm turning to ice.

hidden in the darkness,
floating weightless in the air.
I don't even know their names,
billions and billions and billions. 

there's no one else,
the vapor seeps from my mouth.
show me something untarnished,
in this world like scrap paper.

somehow I left behind,
my beloved on the other side.
like this, my body is just sleeping,
waiting and waiting and waiting.

cold hands, cold cheeks, cold ears,
even my blood has turned blue.
Not a single thing is left,
except for the stars in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment