Monday, April 14, 2014

Q

Q
by me(whatever)
to Q- feat. Rintyan

There's no use for the umbrella,
dangling, broken, on the hood of the car.
You wiped your nose on your sleeve,
as I stuffed a rock in our jar.

It was supposed to be a treasure,
but the way it is now, it's worthless.
Everything from the city to the dirt,
has flown up and blown away.

"Hello, I love you,
I'll take good care of you."
Both of us always
had to throw away our shoes. 

tossing the paper down the drain,
I grasped your small, cold hand.
Stepping over tires and broken glass,
You asked a question.

There's no use for the watches,
that blink and wink on my wrist.
The white streaks down your cheeks,
may now subsist.

We were supposed to be a treasure,
but the way we are now, we're useless.
The empty jar that holds our hopes,
we clasp it tight to our chests.

"Goodbye, I hate you,
I'll leave you behind."
Both of us always
had to make ourselves blind.

The scratching noise in their ears,
We tucked our feet in the alleyway.
Swallowed beneath 1,000 lost possessions,
You asked a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment