Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Astronaut

Astronaut
by me(whatever)
to Astronauts- piano arrange

Remembering what I left behind,
on this tiny, claustrophobic Earth
I took a look from the corner of my memory,
trying to define my worth.

I've escaped 10,000 years away,
waving a white flag in a place
so cold and dark and lonely,
for it's always night in space.

I've sung my songs here,
yet why does no one hear me?
I've beaten the cage upside down,
yet why can I still not find the key?

In the door beyond the boundary,
I took the spaceship to the stars.
I love you
I loved you,
but could you ever see my scars?

It hurt
It hurts
It's hurting.

All those words and unanswered letters,
in a springtime at the end of the world.
Final message,
final messages,
my banner is unfurled.

In a heart as cratered as the moon,
I stood there losing oxygen.
would you stand here with me,
just one more time again?

Drowning,
I'm sure we're all drowning.
Sailing alone in the milky way,
with the feelings who were cast away.

where am I going?
where did I go?
To a destination where I can't see anyone,
dark in the fields aglow.

I loved you,
I love you.
in a book of constellations
I slipped and fell through.

Goodbye,
forever and ever.
Farewell,
never to never.

Remembering what I left behind,
on that tiny, claustrophobic Earth.
Your face slowly melts away,
waiting for my rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment