Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gravity

Gravity
by me(whatever)
to Longing

This morning,
I awoke in an illusion.
Taking these steps,
quietly wrapped in confusion.

It was a tiny walk
across a gap in the sky.
"I suppose I should turn back now,"
I said within a sigh.

There's a world you've never seen,
and it all belongs to me.
concrete suspended 12,000 feet,
in the air like another sea.

"define gravity, please?"
from the balloon I named Campanula,
I've set out for you,
calling you names through the nebula.

in a city without people,
the windows glint as the gulls fly by.
winding through the spiral staircase,
I still can't find a reply.

The wind rustles in the blue grass,
invisible to the voices below.
let me disappear in this translucent color,
breathing in the afternoon glow.

Please come back,
I'm begging you like a child.
Watching the nimbus drift through,
I cried as it piled.

No comments:

Post a Comment