Saturday, November 15, 2014

I Don't Know how to Write a Story

I Don't Know how to Write a Story
by me(whatever)
I wrote this a few days ago, but never posted it, ...
I don't know the written date.

I don't know how to write a story.
If I start out with a line like that,
will it eventually bloom into reality?
(-Like a light blue bell flower in June.)
I don't know the setting,
where the wind blows on rain torn streets,
or where the fire burns steadily in the furnace,
and the old, gray cat curls on-top the lap
of a great oak grimoire.
I don't know the characters,
who wear suits and walk around the city
holding their little girl's pink umbrella
in their right hand, and the teenager,
who knows far too much of things to write equations
in her left hand.
I don't know the plot, either,
that fights dragons made of paper all on their own,
or sucks you into another world with no fire hydrants,
Christmas lights, Reese's pieces, or cellphone service.
I admit, I don't even know how to imagine
a story that I am not living.
I don't know how to lose myself
in the secret world that is inside
each and every human being.
I don't know how to escape
to a place
where you're not there.

So could you
remind me,
how to write a story?

No comments:

Post a Comment