Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Chocolate Almonds

Chocolate Almonds
by me(whatever)
to: Yanagi Nagi- Finder

chocolate almonds,
fig bars,
sweet cranberries,
candy to nourish my brain.
Studying in a dim lighted room,
where one light bulb has already broken,
I listen to the same songs over and over.
Note writing about the universe,
I can't remember the last time I saw daylight.
seriously.

I haven't written a poem in a while,
wandering about the normalcy's of life.
A fairytale future that I believed in as a child,
is turning out to be so different.
I have to write about Jupiter, it's red spot,
and it's four largest moons discovered by Galileo...
peek out the blinds at 4 in the morning,
dark, light, white, fields of rice,
we rush to the window, my cat and I,
it's snowing!

Let's say that I've solved all the mysteries,
and I've discovered what they say is "who I am".
Somehow trekking through problems, and finding "answers",
hasn't let me put one foot in front of the other.
a dusty book shelf I haven't touched in a while,
a Daruma doll with both eyes blank,
a pen running out of ink,
yet only writing worthless nonsense.
What's the difference between a meteor, meteoroid, meteorite?
If I could change my name by being where I am,
I would go immediately to your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment