Monday, January 19, 2015

Crate

Crate
by me(whatever)
to: Miku- Two Men of the Hanging Tree

a crate full of oddities,
sifting through the art supplies,
peeking one eye through a crack in the book
of reality and fiction, and then the other,
unable to discern the ruling party.

a diary, a part of someones life
that I never knew, and will never know.
Breaking expectations, hiding secrets,
hints not so well hidden in the garbage,
the smell of the truth is everywhere.

Smoke slightly rises to the sky,
decapitated flowers in the shadows.
even living within 20 ft. of each other,
I don't know the person below me.
Reality is realized with hot chocolate.

Endless questions flow in the starless river
within my mind. Watching them from the bank,
A blank expression pasted on your face.
Just like last time, unable to do anything.
Observe, observe, observe.

"No one cares for me anyways!" things you say,
you both believe them, and are unable to.
With the existence I didn't seek out, you might be right.
All these humans in the merry-go-round
unable to wear anything but two faces.

Theories run around the ceiling in my room,
attempting to make sense, to understand.
But no matter what, I can't crawl into another persons head.
I can never wear their shoes, or even wear mine
as afraid as I am to walk down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment