Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Parallel Lines

Parallel Lines
by me(whatever)
to: rin kagamine- Deep Sea City Underground

Last night, I went to sleep on a gray, breezy night.
Dreaming of my beloved, an elephant sat on my chest,
my left arm hurt, and my breathing became wheezy.
When I slipped out of my mouth, and my heart stopped at 4 am,
I stood next to my bed with an unmoving body
and realized I had died.

I love you, I love you so much.
Before the day could break and steal my soul away,
I slipped into the cracks in the wall.
When I awoke I was in an alleyway, galaxies from you,
in the body of another version of me.

The sky was blood red, and I could jump seven times higher.
Fish flew in the sky, and the buildings were all made of ice.
My parents were dead in a green dyed cemetery,
I lived for a little while, wandering around for you,
but soon, to escape, I flew off a large sky scraper.

I love you, I love you so much.
Before the angels could come retrieve my soul,
I squeezed between the cracks in the sidewalk.
when I awoke, I was in a basement full of smoke.
in the body of another version of me.

The prostitutes unconscious in the corner of the room,
the living dead drugging up their minds,
the king of an underground silk road selling dreams.
outside the trees were made of rusting iron, and I couldn't find you.
swallowing pill after pill in the bathroom.

I love you, my darling dearest.
Before the reaper could cut me from this reality,
I stretched in between the cracks of the broken mirror.
When I awoke, I was in a large bed with 227 pillows,
in the body of another version of me.

Citizens favor the royal-born, the taste of well-bred wine.
expensive dresses line the inside of the wardrobe.
Sending a law for you, the three-legged cat on the tasseled cushion
mewed impatiently that you weren't here either.
The red lines staining the bracelets on my arms.

How many times have I jumped between these parallel lines?
before I'm snatched away by the demons below,
I want to find you, I want to tell you...
an unappealing taste in my mouth, I finally arrive
at the beginning where I met you.

In the body of a person who isn't me,
I peer through their eyes and wait for a clue.
A day at school, a boring friend, a glance at the calendar,
a spider rained on in its web, a gray, breezy night.
And suddenly I realize it's been over 100 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment