Sunday, April 5, 2015

Silhouette

Silhouette
by me(whatever)
to: KANA-BOON-Silhouette (シルエット)

striped expressions across your face,
black and white-
a smile, a frown
hiding the colors that make you up.

a sunny Friday leads to yet more mysteries,
with a blank piece of paper,
splashing on a bucket of watercolor
of the tints that "may, might, could be" behind you.

the landscape in the distance mixes and blurs,
creating a mess I can't escape from.
focusing on the curve of your smile, the angle of your eyes,
it all falls out of proportion!

in your shoes, what color paths did you walk down,
was it a yellow brick road? a stretch of blue silk?
hints, clues, until I hit the wall of glass between us
is it you I see, or a reflection of myself?

in the scenery, I try to peer at the things far away,
and wonder if distance is really necessary, like I thought.
standing outside the window in the twilight,
is the perfect impression of your silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment