Friday, October 16, 2015

They're Not Human

They're Not Human
by me(whatever)
to: Kimura Kaela- You Bet!

They're not human,
not the way you are.
choking in their own smoke,
buried in artificial ant-hills,
mustached.
and some sort of lame-ass excuse
still lets me see you.
And I can't stop this war,
even if we understood each other.
you and I both know.
It's the end of the world,
and I can't read the look in your eyes.
In these crummy politics
and unwavering self-righteous propaganda.
The majority is convinced.
The majority is confused.
I can't love you, it's impossible.
"To cleanse this blue jewel,
we must pass it through fire"-
is repeated over and over again
in the static on the radio.
It's a "reason",
it's an "excuse",
"justice" is being served.
and they prick your pinkie finger
just to watch you bleed.
modern, white, and sterile prison cell,
your eyes shift from side to side.
With the empty promises I made you
and a gap in our DNA
You're convinced.
You're confused.
I can't love you, it's impossible.
Because we're not human,
not the way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment