Monday, June 10, 2013

Colors of the Past

Colors of the Past
by me(whatever)
to this song: Broken Moon

As this unsteady wind moves me,
I cast my mind to the sea-like waves.
Each one rising and falling in the night,
bringing it back to me.

Like a withered note from a plastic bottle,
I uncrinkle the message from the past.
In the lone noise of lake and breeze,
my thoughts are louder than reality.

The traveler in my imagination
is soaring their eyes to the sky.
The old man on the moon tosses a pebble down to them,
and continues his autumn cleaning.

The blue hair of twilight is growing slightly,
deepening it's hue on the mountain line.
Shards of life on the darkening world
pass over my head traveling on wings.

Color maidens dye their robes a deepening evening,
singing silently in sapphire voices.
Submerging a freedom into nature
I let go of my slippery wet hand.

We eat on dreams,
and live on words.
On this sandy shore
I gather colors of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment