Friday, June 14, 2013

Neighbor Espionage adventure

 Neighbor Espionage adventure
by me(whatever)
to : Sobakasu

Espionage on your face,
oh what a pain.
Don't ring at my door,
just because you don't want to go by yourself.

So why,
do we have to stalk your sister round downtown?
Because she's got a new boyfriend?
Ah, man I wanna go home.
but you pull me along by the arm.

Peeking through a shop window featuring stuffed animals,
we can see that doll girl smiling
at what you call the 'dirt' next to her.
That teddy bear in front of me,
I think I'll buy it later (when no one's watching).

Trailing the poor couple down the crowded street,
the next destination is a small cafe.
Sun at it's highest peak,
the vampire me is suffering.

Sitting across a few tables outside,
please, oh please, don't pull those out
Not the goof glasses and the detective outfit!
But you go all out with the sticky moustache,
and while you peer through the two-holed newspaper,
I can see our waitress laughing behind her back.

Does this neighbor kid have some kind of sister complex?
actually, I don't even wanna know.
With all these people staring at us,
The only thing I want is to disappear.
(But first I think I'll scarf down this parfait.)

On the road again,
I'm walking a few paces behind.
I don't know you, I don't know you, I wish I didn't know you
Ooops,
peering at my watch,
looks like I missed my show. *inward sigh*

With all the eyes around us, and the little girl who's pointing
how in the world has your sister not noticed us yet?
Either she's blind or feigning indifference,
I'd like to think it's the former.

In that long coat trailing over your shoes,
how are you surviving this tyranny of heat?
It twists around your legs,
and in a bundle of cloth and boy
you trip and collapse.

You look so pitiful there,
sorry, I can't hold back the laughter!
With wounded pride you stand and start walking away.
Hey!
Looks like we're both as hopeless as ever. 

So the 'dirt' guy needs a bathroom break.
As soon as he's disappeared into that tiled room,
the doll-featured sister stomps over to us.
Ah, now I see why you wanted me along.
It was to balance the serving of scolding, wasn't it?

yep,
as hopeless as ever.
But at least I got a parfait.
I mean, neighbor boy paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment