Friday, October 25, 2013

A Growing need for Distraction

A Growing need for Distraction
by me(whatever)
to Miku {soft}- Jellyfish

Jellyfish in my cocoa cup,
the sky in my hands.
Blinking cats in my window,
a baby's crying.

She said she didn't expect it of me,
but I expect it of myself.
Because it hurts and hurts,
I want to answer those words.

Drawings shown through the mirror,
a pair of red cowboy boots.
Within a blue starlit aquarium,
 a child's screaming.

It's been so long,
and she tells me to forget.
But here they are again, echoing in my head
telling me to give up.

Pink elephant pillows,
speakers beeping on my plate.
White pencil wiped in mud,
an adolescents silence.

Please tell me,
the loneliness is unbearable.
When I take one more step,
will it be without support?

A camera dropped to pieces,
the biscuit clouds floating seperately.
A sail in the sun,
An adults lying.

I have nothing left,
but what you gave me.
Because it hurts and hurts,
I must distract myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment