Saturday, July 28, 2012

Wings of Words

I've been at girls camp these last four days....hurray for no showers!

Here's a poem I wrote before I went. It's different from the other ones I've done; it has a rhythm.

The Journey of My Thoughts and Me
By Me(Whatomic)
written 7/23/12

Wherever the far wind goes,
Dear Sir
I'm carried along fast with it
My books, my stories, my countless bought-breaths
down flutter in a river of mist

They twist, they turn
they swing haps-a-loopsy
still struggle to get caught in the reeds
but all their attempts
get lost in the current
as they float listlessly in their deeds

But the breeze picks up-
Oh blessed wind!
and it flings them out of the river
and out to the sky
where the great whales live
in a sight to make paper quiver

And so it goes on!
In the distance unheard
lies a story again yet discovered
My thoughts spread their book-wings
and stretching them so
begin to be slightly uncovered

We fly over mountains,
stone castles and oceans
Searching for something that-will-be
We live here so fine,
So high, In the sky! It's called-

the journey of my thoughts and me.


Might've been inspired by this.....I think.
 The Fantastic flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, Short film

No comments:

Post a Comment