Monday, February 11, 2013

Hero

A new world became imminent with all that power.
"You thought you could just stuff it in a bottle and be done with it?" Notes shook her head.
"I know, I know," I said with my head in my hands, "obviously it would find its way about out of that hole I threw it in and wreak havoc all over the Nineteen Series. How was I supposed to know?"
Notes looked at the destroyed city expanse in front of her, disappearing little by little.
"Whether you knew or not doesn't really matter anymore. But either way, this is going to take more than a little cleaning up." She pointed her nose to the horizon to clarify her point. I looked up and watched the moon clock begin to be eaten away, dangling on its string like a rotting puppet. She was darn right about that, I'd give her that.
"So," she said, flashing her Cheshire grin at me, "are you ready to be the hero now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment