Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'd like to Meet a Monster

I'd like to meet a Monster
by me(whatever)
to this song: Of Monsters and Men- Mountain Sound
(Introduced kindly on Chiaroscuro Knight by Alyse)

I'd like to meet a monster.
Three million times bigger than I am,
or the size of my pinky toe.
Either way's fine,
But I'd like to meet a monster.

I'd like to meet a monster.
Shake hands with hoofs, paws, tentacles, beaks, feelers,
And I promise I wouldn't gag against your breath,
if you happened to be a monster who likes to tell jokes.
If you were a monster,
Well, I'd like to meet you.

I'd like to meet a monster,
Friendly or deadly,
I'd still chase after you all the same.
And if we could have a party,
Never sleep until the sun comes up,
I feel that would be a good thing,
Don't you?

I'd like to meet a monster,
tromping through the woods in an unusual parade,
Tropical feathers mixed with mucous and spiral horns.
We all feel the same about our differences,
So whats the trouble of sticking together?
I can't see through the cat on your tongue,
Give me a hint, please.
Am I a monster too?

I'd like to meet a monster,
fly on the zombie of a dodo bird,
We can hit the stars, you'll see-
hold your head up high,
no need to hide.

I'd like to meet a monster,
yellow eyes, grime, and bristled rainbow hair,
South into a discoed metamorphosis,
Jumping branch to branch,
this journey on an observers past.
I have a whole collection buried in my closest,
But where- I forgot where,
Perhaps if I got your help,
We could find it?

I'd like to meet a monster,
it doesn't matter in the end,
What you could possibly look like.
Give me your most eccentric expression,
I'll snap a photo next to you.
Smaller than my pinky finger, or larger than my school building,
We'll have a rendezvous without those humans,
deep into the ocean night,
holding hands with wings, bones, and hairy fingers,
Shouting for the end to our searchings,
We're nothing like anyone else.
Burrowed into the fresh built Earth,
Gliding our lives top hurricane clouds-

Monsters are everywhere, Monsters are everyone.
Monsters are you, Monsters am I.
Didn't you know?

Sail the treetops to the dance-ground-
Listen with ears furry, wide, fleshy, spiked
Fall until we Crash -BaBang!-
Curve around all corners of the spectrum.
I'll think only so much, ignore everything else
Have you noticed through the atmosphere,
all those tiny dots we pricked through?
We're holding up the sun,
singing with all our strange tongues,
Beautiful incomprehensible words.

And as we ride in this turmoil,
I'll remember for as long as I live,
The hooves, tentacles, feelers, beaks, and paws
attached to all their different places,
each pointing out each others variations,
And with a blank, dreamy mind,
think happily in bed,
a single head propped up against a pillow,
Saying to myself out loud
How much I'd indeed,
Like to meet a monster.






1 comment: