Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wings

Wings
by me(whatever)
7/23/13
to : Utada Hikaru- Wings

Quietly, on your back,
they hug you from behind.
A memoir of all we've been through,
these large wings that can't fly.

I've already forgotten the rhythm of yesterday,
you think it would be easy to remember today.

Overflowing, I sleep in water puddles,
the lilies smell sweet from over there.
Relax, this is your own place
so why does it feel so small?

The morning you loved so much,
is rising cruelly over the mountain.
Gazing at what "they" would call a mistake,
I want to hurry up and forget yesterday.

This greeting wind on the top of the world,
should I take the chance and jump?
Surely that would be a happy ending,
but the doors still haven't closed.

You can think as much as you like,
but the only thing changing is time.
Replaying an endless broken record,
they become heavier and heavier.

Always there, always endless, always unreachable,
tomorrow taunts me with a bone.
Walking in shadows,
I tread on my own.

I've already forgotten the rhythm of yesterday,
you think it would be easy to remember today.

Sweeping, a blue from the ocean
stretching my eyes in a hypothesis.
You'd think it'd be easy to remember,
you'd think it'd be easy to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment