Thursday, January 2, 2014

Corner

Corner
by me(whatever)
to Gumi- Donut Hole

opaque milk carton,
somewhat hazy this morning
as I ignore it again.

wiping my nose on my sleeve,
I revisit my friend.
The one that was in the corner of the room
Last night.

It attacks again,
over-lied by an adult coverage,
I easily see the child behind it.

It's screaming
"I don't know what to do now!"

With a face stuck
with fruit loops,
swallowing a pearl necklace.

And it's just there,
staring at me
from the corner of the room
Last night.

No matter how many times
it pounds on the door,
the hinges are rusted over.
I can't open it.

With a face both bored
and injured,
we watch everyone outside.

This morning again,
burnt toast behind slick sticky jam,
I ignore it once more,
standing behind me.

Never saying a word,
my world is a silent swinging apple.
I took a knife.

Dissecting the parts of myself,
that no one ever understood.
I could see the bruises
beneath the surface.

The mail that
no one answers,
sent out from an invisible mouth.

It's screaming out,
but the words won't connect.

What's 46 + 96 = mouse
it laughs quietly,
at our sad little riddle,
As we hunger more and more. 

Coughing in this cold weather,
it follows my footsteps.
I smile,
and it frowns.

No matter how many turns I make,
I can't find the way out the maze.
Treading as carefully as I can,
before the minotaur finds me.

It's a matryoshka problem,
It won't speak
with the red skin between its teeth. 

The things I never knew,
the things it never knew.
I frown,
and it smiles.

If it's a game,
we both know the rules,
yet we both cheat.

hiding in my bed sheets,
drowning in my headphones
from the corner of the room
Last night.

Deleting entries,
smudged ink.
raindrops in a cup.

Tired of seeing
the white bleeding out,
I kept my eyes closed.

It's there,
standing in front of me.

Whispering in my ear,
"Goodbye"

I couldn't stop
the flood.
I laugh sadly,
and it cries for joy.

There it is,
I've found it!
In the corner of the room,
staring from a mirror.

It had a nice meal,
looking at me with a smug smile,
chomping on an apple.

"Shall we play again?"
it says. 

There was nothing I could do,
standing in the corner of the room,
last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment