Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Standing

Standing
by me(whatever)
to Of Monsters and Men- Dirty Paws

some days come short,
some come long.
without realizing where I stood at all,
I must've found where I belong.

the way is hard,
it hurts to care.
the mountains among your heart,
are wondering how you'll fare.

The oceans sing songs,
edging across the border.
To reach you is like knocking,
knocking from the corridor.

Some days I'm here,
some I've disappeared.
the birds have all gone,
returning when the storms are cleared. 

If it was yesterday,
if it was today,
against the deep wood slope,
to be where your mind has strayed.

There's a whisper in the valleys,
where your voice has left a shadow.
When I wander beyond the hills,
I listen and swallow.

If it's today,
If it's tomorrow,
it calls and calls and calls,
answering for your sorrow.

the snow sings songs,
over the peaks above.
The clouds cover the world below,
where everything's dead but love.

Some days come short,
some come long.
Without realizing where I stood,
I must've found where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment