Monday, August 4, 2014

No
by me(whatever)
to: Stephen Swartz- Bullet Train

would life move easier,
if everyone disappeared
one day in some kind of
virus apocalypse
if everyone was eaten
by the hell rampaging
in their own heads.
would I be happier,
if that old lady down the street
suddenly got hit by a car
on the sundays
she loves so much
if that neighbor across the road
tortured young children
until they were
no longer recognizable.
would I be saved
if my father beat me
if my mother spat
on my grave
every single time
she would pass by
with her red and blue umbrella
when no rain could fall.
would I be able to relax
if my friends ignored me for good
if there was no sound
able to reach
the tiny birds ears
as the cat sneaks up behind.
would I be less of a coward
if someone stabbed me
with a rusty knife
and left me to bleed
in an abandoned alley way
if it was misty everyday
and they all stayed indoors
while I wandered outside.
would I be smarter
if that dog behind the fence
jumped out and ran
surviving on garbage
in gutters and trashcans
until it rotted away on
the steps of an unknown persons home
if the teacher in that classroom
gave up one day
and hung himself
from the banister.
would I be forgiven
if everyone else was worse
if I pretended
it wasn't my fault
if I had managed
to believe
in those lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment