Saturday, October 25, 2014

World Domination

World Domination
by me(whatever)
to: rin/len- World Domination How-To

In a sea of desks and chairs,
I'm drowning in the words you spit out.
No matter what I do, I can't find it
where did I hide it again?

(I left it in a glass I think)

I can't remember that man's name,
I think it was Caesar.
What was he even trying to do,
when he picked up the yellow death?

If you asked me a single question,
I would reply with "nothing".
the mirrors with different faces are laughing,
mocking me for the mask I overlaid with truth.

I guess it has nothing to do with you,
just like you said to me that one day.
The demon that I finally caught sight of
was mine alone and not yours.

(though it wore your face)

I can't remember my own name,
I think it was *******
Where was Julius trying to go,
when he picked up his legs and ran?

I want to promise from this day forth,
an artificial banner to wear for the world.
Don't find out, Don't see beyond,
Don't look for me anywhere.

(though I wish you would try)

We've only ever had ourselves,
I can't believe I ever thought I owned anything more.
Beyond this page are never ending questions,
from you to me to no one.

I can't remember your name,
I think it was...
Why are the idle armies,
spending their free time in homeroom?

there's no one in front or behind me,
not even a soul to wave the white flag.
though you might tell me, I can't pick up the shattered glass,
afraid to slice myself on the pieces.

If they call me a control freak,
where am I supposed to go when I'm lost?
the weapons you conceal at the bottom of your lungs,
are the only ones I can't defend against.

(though that's why you use them)

ask me a question,
and I'll say "I don't know".
But the truth is that both of us
already do.

I don't want to remember that man's name,
the one Julius Caesar.
Seven billion globes spinning endlessly,
and I can't claim name to a single one.

No comments:

Post a Comment