Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Geese

Geese
by me(whatever)
to Natsume Yuujinchou- kimi ga yobu namae

what do you see in your eyes?
the geese flock around the bread crumbs,
but never close enough to touch.
A hunched back, a white whispy head,
a warm peach twilight, a shadowed pond.
The reflection of a thousand flowing clouds
linen on the water, broken by an arch across
flowers in the gateway
rustling valley grass.
I stepped through in a dream,
black buckled shoes,
and stood behind you.
there was no conversation,
no stirring of your outline,
yet you felt my presence, as I felt yours.
and once the whistle blew,
and the birds lifted all at once,
your figure shimmered in the flurry,
disappearing without a sound.

Who were you?
I could see through your eyes
yet I couldn't see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment