Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Secret worlds of Thanksgiving, Ghibli neighbors, and 1 year of 100

So today was Thanksgiving. I think the reason people just skip Thanksgiving is because it's not a holiday with too much excitement. And it's right smack in the middle of the two most exciting holidays of the year. Well, that's kind-of what happened to me today. We went to my grandma's house, ate turkey, Lot's of pie, played a few games, visited with our relations, and after all that I fell asleep. I must be getting old. I mean, only old people actually fall asleep after eating turkey. It was the turkey. It attacked me with sheep jumping over fences. Noooo!, I'm not even 20, yet why? I've even seen white hairs! It got me when my guard was down and I was reading.

I think it's been about a year since I started writing in this blog. An English assignment turned into my personal diary. Well, not exactly personal. I have gotten more than 100 views! Thanks everybody for reading my weirdness! I hope you like it. I'm still pretty inexperienced, so be patient with me, I'm still figuring all this technology stuff out. Yeah! How weird it is....

I really love all the Ghibli movies. I've watched practically all the ones done by director Hayao Miyazaki. Anyways, a good, cute, comedy film that most people ignore is My neighbors the Yamadas. It's pretty much just about a normal family, and the animation isn't what you would call "detailed", but it's one of the funniest movies I've ever watched. The song I want to show you is from that film. It's the ending song. Here:Quit being alone. Hope you enjoy!



Secret World Mon. 11/21/11

Immediately,
I follow,
a path of dreams,
covering pain and grief.

Suddenly,
I take,
a small, fluffy hand,
My best friend.

Beautifully,
I feel,
Millions of shooting stars,
I reach out.

Impatiently,
I hope,
while falling into clouds,
that my alarm clock would die!

*didn't write this to any particular tune. This is my love of the dream world I've created in my head. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment