Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scary Stories per Second-CAvEs

Summer is s  o    b  o r  i   n  g! It's still hard to believe school is really over. It's pretty bittersweet, I guess. I have to write a lot these two months. One of the things I have to write is a short horror story that came up as a challenge. My mother, 2 oldest brothers, and I(maybe a few other peeps) are doing a horror story contest. The end date to get it in is the last day of June. I gotta get cracking. I'll post it up here when it's done. The idea is kind-of weird.

Here's my three favorite soundtrack songs from the movie '5 centimeters per second' for you romantic but dumped people: One more time, One more chance(Masayoshi Yamazaki) (the lyrics to this one are beautiful, look them up if you have time to see what they mean). One more time, One more chance piano version self explanatory. 05-Kiss part of soundtrack.


Here's a short story(really short) that I wrote on a whim yesterday. You won't get it unless you're part of my family, since it's made up of inside jokes and people close to me. However, I'm going to write it down here, nonetheless.


CAVES
written yesterday

In the dark depths of an underground cave, there lies the creature called the Devil. Now, some might misunderstand and say that his name is actually DEVIN, but I know better, since I'm the highly esteemed narrator, so ignore them. Anyways, this Devil, oh, I mean, THE Devil, resides in the cave below mine(I am a troll, but how I came to be one is another story) and I can hear the voices of suspicious activities from below when I'm trying to get my wart-treatment sleep. Most of these 'activities' sound somewhat like a mix of rap music, angry voices, and a clicky arcade. The noise keeps persisting late into the night, and while I am generally a kind neighbor, my warts are hazardly decreasing in size and population. After another night of a commonly loud activity-filled night, my patience dwindled into nothingness, and I stomped out of my cave down the steps heading towards the underworld. I stopped in front of the entrance to his cave, however, because I realized it would be foolishness to take him one alone. So instead, I turned to his next door neighbor, the Mummy. Now, the Mummy worked the grave-shift, so I wasn't sure if she would be there, but I tried the door bell anyway. The try resulted in failure-no one answered. Sighing, I turned away, and was about to walk into the entrance of the Devils cave to take him on alone, when a barking sounded from behind me. Whirling around, I was face to face with Cerberus; the 2-headed dog. I would have to get past the dog to get to the Devil. I took my battle stance. The mutt growled and growled, and just as I was about to pummel him, a horrible stench erupted from one of his heads. It was so gruesome, I turned and ran back to my cave of sanctuary. I had heard of fellow trolls mentioning that the Devil called Cerberus by an alternate name of Butt-head. Now I finally understood why.

Remembering that odor was so traumatizing, that I never attempted to scold the Devil again. A week later I found the answer to my pains. Beautiful, Beautiful ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment