Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sir Wind and the Seagulls

It's funny how I remember the most normal things I've ever done. Most of how I remember my very far back past, when I was a kid, was with conversations. I had a friend in kindergarten whose name was Tira(I think it was spelled this way?), and she was only my friend through kindergarten, but she was my only friend. I've always been rather anti-social. I don't like having too many friends, just a few whom I really like. One of my only memories of her, was a conversation we had when we were swinging on the swings. The school we were at is torn down now. So is my preschool, isn't that funny.

I remember when I was a kid, that my closest sensation to flying was to swing on a swing. All swings were pretty much magical, and held some kind of power in them like that. Even my grandmas porch swing. We were talking about it, and this funny seagull that was going in circles around in front of us on top of a building. We felt it was watching us, like it was are guardian spirit or something. Ever since then, I've always felt that they are watching me, protecting me and the like. Whenever I would see a whole lot of them in a bunch, flying around and going about their birdy business, I would think, "Oh, today will be fine."
So I've always liked seagulls.

And another time that I remember with the seagull memory, is one that came later. I think it was at my second elementary school, but I can't remember who it was that I talked about it to. Well, it was about Mr. Wind. It was some girl who I was talking to, but she agreed with me that the wind was like a person. That he was a bit of a mysterious invisible person. Sir Wind, I've always had a visualization of him too; long coat and hat that hides his face like a stalker. I dunno, I remember things like that. Always have.

Along with those memories, I have a million others that are just as interesting. I should put some more on here, I think. Like when I smashed beads with a hammer for magic dust, and put markers in water-filled juice cans to have colored water. I've always wanted to fly, though.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that's cute. I had a couple friends, but my "one" friend didn't like to be around me all that much and the other group of boys were the ones I played with when he couldn't stand me. Then they wouldn't be able to stand. I guess I'm that horribly annoying.
    Swings are magical. But have you ever jumped off any of them? Jumping off the swings was fun, but sometimes another kid got in the way, or the adults would tell about some kid broke his arm. I did it anyway. The sensation of being in the air for one moment was wonderful, until you saw the ground get bigger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I ever jumped off a swing, but you can bet I thought about it. Sometimes I would do little tricks to. I forget about them now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of wish I was a little kid now...not in my Elementary school, but somewhere else, just being a little kid. Time is a wretched monster. It bites steal and slays kings.

    ReplyDelete