Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Yes, Happy Birthday

Yes, Happy Birthday
by me(whatever)


Ambushed from the stairs,
what more is there to say?
Strings of celebration,
although I hadn't caught reality,
Happy Birthday.

An unnoticed squeak in her hair,
a mutant orange for lunch,
a chocolate orange for pessimism,
December girl hanging with a pencil case,
Orange dress wearing a pink bathrobe,
a booklet of late mails, and a nostalgic song,
a promised illustration.

With the gifts wrapped in a list,
I gorge on my favorite foods once a year,
inhaling sushi with gusto,
sipping Udon,
all the while,
feeling quite spoiled.

Except,
of course,
we forgot the "cake".

3 comments:

  1. Yes!!! I knew you would post it!!! That's awesome. Who needs cake anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Who does? I only need chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the sinfully celestial sweet.

    ReplyDelete