Saturday, December 22, 2012

Our City

Our City
by me(whatever)
to this song: A Town in Blue by Asian Kung-fu Generation

We're walking down this dirty street,
the world is changing,
everything from the people to the trashcans,
look and criticize each other.
I'm searching for something
else within myself.
Can humans have the power to see everything?

Watching the labyrinth of clouds above me,
dodging every empty space,
I don't want you to tell me a mistake;
if there is one, show me how to fix it.
Life has never been that simple.
I can't wait here forever,
my feet are itching to run.

You listen with your ears,
but you don't ever hear me, do you?
The truth is,
we never understood each other.
But I guess we can still stick together,
as long as we're here.
I'm searching for something,
something besides white and black.

"Can you change the definition of a mistake?"
the plastic tumbleweed tugging
My mind is always wandering
and no one understands.
Everything disappears, and I'm left
with a ripped off button.
it reminds me of my heart.

The window of my bedroom is still cold to touch,
I can't get through it, though I can see
Not even able to remember our names,
I chased those clouds that flew away.

Within darkness and illumination,
we're found.
Everyone walking around us,
are only illusions to our world.
But its okay, I'm sure eventually,
We'll find our colors
if we stick together.

We tramped on our own wishes,
I can't see anymore
the sun fell on us,
and burned up, we turned around
That dirty street melted
to a ball of smelly concrete,
and we were left,
with our city smiling at us.


No comments:

Post a Comment