Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Flying Message

Flying Message
by me(whatever)
to this song: Sukima Switch- Shizuku

These wings created in the night
were too heavy to fly to you.

From a corner of the spring,
a small voice whispers in my mind.
"You will lose everything precious to you."
I was only a child, and yet
I could see it stretch in front of me.

Kites in their migrating colors,
we were all watching from the woods inside the dome.
Despite everyone's confidence and hopes
I remain doubtful.

the moon fell upside down,
and out spilled every one of my fears.
"Even if I'm not here, the Earth will continue spinning."
Was it only me?
You were there with me, also, right?

From a corner of the spring,
I plucked out the lost feathers of the past.
Sketching our names, childlike, in the passing stone
a few years from now,
certainly it will have been washed away.

What is the reason I have been writing all this time?
The 'dream' to write this 'heart'
must have been,
yes, surely
impossible from the start.

From the morning, a song soars out
across a gap of time.
A long lost message, from you to me
The meaning of freedom.

I can't reach it.

Like a broken stage doll,
I'm sitting here winding down.
From a corner in the spring
the voice laughs sadly,
"I wish...."
and disappears.

What is the meaning of the future stretching in the bottomless sky?
What is the meaning in these broken wings?

The one thing I swore when I was still naive and smiling,
was to never forget.

If these memories only continue hurting me like this,
would it be better to pluck them out?
But the song springs across the past,
"Don't let go."

The spring encircles me in it's arms,
pulling me down to a gentle death.
Ah, I wanted to see you one more time.

Something behind this dome,
something behind this place I am in.
Something in the future.

If I could dream of flying,
perhaps the world would dye blue like this for me?
If I could dream of freedom,
perhaps I could even hold the weight of these wings.

So where does the sky go?
Tell me.

I will fly there.

No comments:

Post a Comment