Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Screened Life

 Screened Life
To Utada Hikaru- Prisoner of Love

In the movie room,
they watch in folded chairs.
Laughing, and laughing,
as they see me on the screen.

It's the same today,
just like yesterday.

With a happy face,
the actors lie to each other.
Prisoner to the script,
playing charades.

Unable to make a single move,
we wait for the audience's hand.
Never making eye-contact. 

Everyone has their backs turned,
facing something called the future.
But no matter how many times,
we cry out the perfect lines,
identity is still a question.

I want,
to take a step
out of line.

The days still the same,
don't reverse the film.
They point their hands and accuse,
but I'm unable to hear them.

If I tried peering out the screen,
the room would just be dark.
Can't there be something else?

The underwater cameras,
blink and wink from their lenses.

Just a prisoner,
to their every single whim and way.
They take such interest in me!
I laugh and wave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment