Monday, November 25, 2013

Snowman

Snowman
by me(whatever)
to Lucky

I'm cold,
I'm snow,
but you fastened on my head,
and settled your warm scarf
around my shoulders.

I can't move,
I can't even blink,
but here I am,
alive because you created me.

I'm white,
I'm freezing,
afraid of the sun rising.
But as I stay without any feet,
I can feel the world revolving.

I can't speak,
I can't mutter a single word,
of thanks or sorries to you.
Born at the human hand,
I have no mouth, except
a pretty little line of nuts.

I'm happy,
I'm frustrated,
soon I will die.
I watch over the night,
and the day who melts me,
won't defeat me now.

I won't be gone,
until you come home.
You're warm,
you're important,
you formed me out of ice,
breathing vapor as you said hello.

So I'll wait,
and I'll wait,
shelling over,
crumbling,
pieces of me falling,
falling away.

"Hello"
I never sleep,
but I watch with a lopsided smile
the stars winking in the sky.

I'm cold,
I'm snow,
but I'm warming,
I'm warming!
But I'm leaving,
I'm leaving....

"Hello"
You speak,
and you see,
unfastening your frosted scarf
from the pile of slush,
that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment