Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Bit of Nonfruit nonsense

A bit of nonfruit nonsense
by me(whatever)

An insomniac drinking orange juice,
a single lullaby swells,
again today I'm dancing-

Watching the stars fall under your eyelids,
tomorrow holds a burden too heavy to hold,
A flicker of a smile begins to disappear.

If the Earth weren't so narrow,
I could walk down between the buildings,
scratching at every dusty brick for a message,
It's not so hard, is it?

I cough and snivel up a snowstorm,
leaving the sidewalks behind.
Because I've given up an irretrievable future,
I'm drinking lemon tea.

If you gave me the opposite of pomegranate,
I'd laugh.
There isn't such a thing.

I want a raven and a writing desk,
I want my ink to be lime.
I want my words to be sublime,
It's too hard to fulfill?

I choose what rude is.
I'm not here for you to criticize.
I can darn well take offense.
Without your permission, Majesty.

Not going off to another world yet,
I'll stay here to give a piece of my mind.
Just because I was born with a grapefruit,
doesn't mean I don't taste like Winter.

Spring,
Winter,
Summer,
Fall.
You're pretty funny aren't you?

I don't care.
I don't go in order.
Don't you dare try to categorize me.

Those lying blueberries,
they turn purple with envy.
If only you watch them squeeze.
It's almost amusing.
See- just watch them.

I don't care for sense,
I'm simply insane for taste.
So doesn't the orange juice,
taste good?

2 comments:

  1. Where's the music coming from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the bottom of the page in the footer. Apparently my playlist decided to work again. I should edit it and put different songs in it.

    ReplyDelete