Monday, January 28, 2013

A Flying Girl

A Flying Girl
by me(whatever)
because I read 'Leviathan' by Scott Westerfeld

Rolling my shortened hair against the wind,
a thousand miles above Earth.
A soldier?
A flying girl.

Whistling high above the hot air balloons,
I smile to myself.
A war blowing fire against my cheek
rope-burns in my hands

Before I knew it,
I met you on a Switzerland glacier,
nervous and in despair.
Those barking princes,
never giving me any rest.

The tension I felt grew,
while you remained blissfully unawares.
The war-fire burned in my chest,
eating, consuming.
I refuse to twist my skirts!

I'm no village girl!
A soldier declaring on the Leviathan.
My shorn hair rolled in hydrogen,
suddenly felt like a lie.

Don't trust me with your secrets,
though I would sooner cut my own tongue.
It's not steel against Darwinists,
If I told you....

Mr. Sharp just disappeared,
flechette bats tear into the worst "hush, hush"
Here, lets dance with a Huxley
before I just say "yes" again..

Those perspicacious people,
I could just throw them out a window.
So before I reveal my secret...
Who am I-
A soldier?
A flying girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment