Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Paper Birds

Paper Birds
by me(whatever)
to: Flow- Days

In the warming season,
I came to love this town.
the shatters and tatters of your paper birds,
flew off the balcony in the gust of wind
like the remnants of a dream
how can I connect to your words?

Any cold memories that were left,
are melting like ice cream in the sun
Although truly nothing has changed since those days...
in the golden horizon seen from astride your kite,
the clouds floated and flitted uneasily
addressing it's love to the phantom blaze.

The dream is far away
enough that I might fall.
within the grasp of the eastern jet stream,
I've gone lighter than the stratosphere
to see this Earth from the moon,
because things are not always what they seem. 

Living the days one by one,
I was used to living here.
the childish balloon I held to the sky
shriveled up like the apple core you threw to the ground
even when I attached ten thousand to my arms
I realized I wasn't able to fly.

At the distance between,
I was stuck before the destination.
If the milky-way was out of my reach,
I never saw anything except a city of nebulae
filling up the shuttle screen;
an anticipatory breach. 

You were looking beyond,
to a place I couldn't see.
Over the summer grass twilight held agleam,
I landed the reply to those letters
twisted in the shape of birds, because
I know you are not what you seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment