Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Separation

Spring Separation
by me(whatever)

The mist catching the moonlight knocks me off guard.
From far away, a single memory
Where are you?
It's been years since we said goodbye.
"See you again." ?

Was it me or you who left first,
each distancing ourselves?
Covering our emotions,
afraid of the sad truth.

I peer through the foggy night,
searching for a sign of you.
making my eyes water.

I can remember when I first met you,
we were friends without even knowing
how similar our pains were.

In a sky this vast,
I could almost imagine it could meet you.
Somewhere across a distance devoid of vision,
I'm calling out.

"A spring of water;
a spring of hope.
a spring of flowers;
a spring of love."

But the seasons keep on changing.

And every year,
I'm just watching the blossoms.

1 comment:

  1. This one is pretty cheesy, and I feel like it's a half-way failure. Aw well, I'll post it anyways.

    ReplyDelete