Sunday, April 7, 2013

Burning Horizon

Burning Horizon
by me(whatever)
to this song: Takuro Yoshida- Ningen Nante

Something is beyond that horizon
it taunts me with the face of the setting sun
Swigging down my drink,
wiping my nose on my sleeve,
the ending light refracts in the bottle
Twisting the scene into blurry shapes.

Nothing is enough,
soon this miserable life will come to an end.
Yet, something is wrong here.
I'm suddenly feeling the urge to piss
over the bones of dead animals,
and the shedding of rattlesnakes.

Skin tanned by the heat of that blazing sphere,
Sweat perspiring on my forehead.
Holding the rope of choice in my left hand,
Squinting against the sand.

No clouds floating in the sky,
just a light blue like a sunburnt ocean.
Statues of horned demons stare to an unreachable heaven,
scurrying against the heat of the judgement of hell.

Things I never understood.
Whatever this existence was meant for
its stays buried
against that burning horizon.

And I take another swig.

No comments:

Post a Comment