Monday, April 1, 2013

Steel Stairs

Steel Stairs
by me(whatever)
to this song: Now or Never

I flop up these steel stairs.
Each step leading to heaven.

Never found.
I stare at the barbed holes
through to the ground far away.

"You may lean on me"
when did I remember such a thing?
Why?

There is silence all around me,
I climb and climb
holding desperately onto the rail.

A voice ahead of me,
I rush to separate a past from the future.
I can only think of this existence.
Between the lines

Eyes all around,
I feel them bearing me down.
Starting to run,
I realize the panting of breaths
are counting down.

Invisible hand
pulls me up this unending staircase.

I can't live alone,
like this.
Take me with you.

The snow falls,
the autumn winds,
spring rains
our summer.

Pushing the replay on my life,
I'm reliving every single moment
in each of these steps I climb.

I searched for a light to the future,
when I finally found you
through sweat, blood, tears,
you slipped away.

I halt on the steel,
staring at the sky backwards to the aether.
I will find you once again.

all the wounds littering this worthless body
I've lost everything

From the top of the building
I stare out to heaven.
Our heaven.

"Don't give up yet,"
I lean out.
My heart is fluttering
like a swallow in its cage

I will open the door,
let it fly
to heaven to meet once again
you and your beautiful voice.

"Stop."
"Don't run"
"Keep on"

A breeze flows out from the cracks in the landscape
I breathe in.
My eyes closed.
Ears open.
This is my life.

Sliding down the banister.
Replaying each of those steps.
I came this far
Only to fall

Where are you?
I don't know where to find you.
Just a smile,
just a glance
just a touch
just a sound

Give me a hint,
where have you hidden?
in this hide-and-seek game
we've been playing
all our lives.

One more step,
and over the ledge.

Running to you
falling to heaven.

I won't die yet,
even if the skin covering me
shrivels up and permeates.

Leave it all behind.

Sliding down the banister.

down,
down,
down,

away from the steel steps.
Here,
we begin again.

This was the truth,
in your teary eyes
that day.

There will always be a way.

Again,
Again.

No matter how many times we're lost.

We'll keep living.
no matter how many times we're destroyed.

down,
down
down.

Sliding down the banister.

Two swallows in the sky.





No comments:

Post a Comment