Tuesday, April 16, 2013

White-room Radio

White-room Radio
by me(whatever)
to this song: KANA-BOON Desiring short version
Full version (awesome video)

In this room they've never been before,
there is nothing but white.
emerging from the corner, a small voice
whispering to the Earth
"Show me."

The same days ripping from the calendar,
before I knew it, even the weekends were gone.
"You're always so grumpy,"
so negative, yes I know.
What's with the lack of color?

Outside, if I could feel the wind blowing,
from the window an unchanging scene.
Stuck in here with a claustrophobic heart
It just so happens, it's also a coward.

Always so jealous, the sighs that follow
"Aren't you just envious?"
yes, if I may say so
that's who I am
just jealous of the world.

I can't find what's wrong.
Let go.
listen, listen, listen, listen
listen to this old recording radio
spouting out a ripped-off copy of my feelings.

If I could just open the window,
and let the wind snatch me away.
What is it I'm afraid of that I stay here?
Please tell me.

The ceiling blank with stares of Saturday or Sunday,
laying pretending to be asleep on the floor.
restless bad mood circulating with the summer fan,
listen, listen, listen, listen,
and please, somebody slap me into motion.

Tell me the news that feels so far away,
in the end, it's all just a fairy tale to me.
I've always simply lived in my head,
fighting against the barricade.

I can't stay here.
I have to leave.

Let's just say, I tripped and fell in this race of life.
I didn't get up again.
It's shameful, it hurts to lay here.
All I felt was regret for the unreachable past
as the audience slowly got up and left.

So without any applause,
I'm once again crawling like a newborn.
The fuzz seeping through the radio,
nobody wanted to hear it.

I can't let go of it,
so I'm stretching to the door like a rubber-band.
This cold, wavering heart,
I'm going to do my best to ignore it.

Listen, listen, listen, listen
I'm going to stand
listen, listen, listen, listen
I'm standing on my own.

With only these two feet,
I'm leaving alone.

Quietly
From the corner in the empty white room,
a voice seeps out.
An old radio buzzing on the wrong channel,
"Show me."

No comments:

Post a Comment