Monday, August 19, 2013

Last Day

Last Day
by me(whatever)
Sukima Switch- Ice cream syndrome

On the couch,
in my flat.
Holding the remote,
my stomach growls at me.
I yawn in response.

Last day of summer,
I still haven't decided which t-shirt to wear.
Without an exit,
holding the last bar of ice cream.

How are you over there?
People in different countries,
all 7 billion of us.

Foggy sun through the windows,
it has no business ending.
But I guess it can't help it, can it?

I'm sorry for remaining here,
but there's not much else to do.
I pull on my too-tight shoes
and head to the library.

I hope I can pick out a good book,
more stories, more people
someday, I'd like to become them.
But for now, I'll stay. I'm staying.

The season has already passed through.

The person I see in the mirror,
isn't the same person I think it is.
Strange how the map inside of me,
is just a labyrinth.

I might grasp the meaning one day,
the meaning of living on like this.
But for now,
It's still okay.

I'll stay,
I'm staying.
The casting isn't wrong. 
I won't run away.

It's a nostalgic album book,
showing my life in series.
but only I, and maybe you
could understand it.

Last day of summer,
it's passing busy as ever.
If I wished it to stay a little longer,
would that be considered bad?

Switching off the news,
how should I spend this?
It's already passing.
I'm staying. I'm staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment