Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Raw Man

Raw Man
by me(whatever)
to Tokyo Jihen- Marunouchi Sadistic

Rainy day on the old platform,
gray overcast shedding cold tears.
Slurping down my instant noodles,
I saltily isolate myself.

You thought I wouldn't leave-
still dancing in your illusions, huh?
Here, hear- I'm taking the kid,
there's leftovers in the fridge.

I've always been a fool,
but this city's left me shredded.
ringed eyes against these sneakers,
remember those heels?
I threw them out.

Little girl pops open the tangerine,
kicking her legs against the bench.
Humming, and humming, and humming
that bloody song from the gramophone.

Caught you kissin' her,
the blonde from the pizza place.
"Give me a chance!" you pleaded,
and proceeded to blame me.

So I'm leaving, I'm leaving,
taking the kid, taking my daughter.
You thought I wouldn't, you thought I wouldn't.
Don't bother coming after,
satisfy yourself with That.

Drawing a circle across the crumbled notes,
two eyes and a button frown.
a question mark from young eyebrows,
offering no response.

"I can't do this!"
I kept telling you, telling you
listen up, would you,
I'm leaving, I'm leaving
leaving you, badbye.

Still pretending, hung in ankle coats,
train pulls in.
A pun to highlight, yes you, you!
Leaving my ramen behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment